Friday, March 6, 2009

Learning in Economic Quicksand

You know I will always contend that words are powerful (follow the Blog stream if you missed it). Thus I encourage you, as we begin this series on “Learning in Economic Quicksand” that you refocus on a positive vocabulary. One of the things I’ve decided to stop saying is that I’m broke, don’t have the money, or can’t afford it. Instead I say…

My Money’s On Vacation
But it said it would be back soon.

My hand came out of my pocket empty the other day
I checked the other one, the two in the back…
But it was all in vain
My money had gone away

I looked under the bed…
The closet shelves overhead
The back of the drawer…
Behind the bathroom door
It wasn’t stuffed in the mattress…
I even double checked my address
I tried the cookie jar…
The glove department in my car

I called, it didn’t answer…
Did it ignore me like Caller I-D?
My voice echoed in my head,
“Where, oh where can it be?”

I checked my check book…
Took into account my bank account
The shoe box didn’t have a red cent
The truth is I have no idea where it actually went

No matter where I looked I couldn’t see it
Couldn’t hear it, feel it, taste it,
and I couldn’t pick up the scent
Still I remain pretty confident it’ll show up
Right around the time to help me pay the rent

So I'm waiting for my money
to come back from vacation
It said it'd be back in moderation
Hasn't lied to me yet, what can I say
Though there are times
where it called and extended the stay

Thankfully it has been more prone
to show up when I least expected it...
Right on time... and I’ve never rejected it
It returns totally rejuvenated
Yet ready to leave again
But hey, that's what money does
It’s a different kind of friend

You see, Money’s always on the go
It’s not partial to the summer…
Has no problem with the snow
Doesn’t wither in the fall…
Nor jump ship in the spring
So I’ve gotten used to it being on vacation
It’s really no big thing

My money is on vacation
But it said it would be back soon
I suggest that you have a conversation with yours
And your life will keep playing in tune
© January 2009


Learn that your life is more important than money, because life comes with non-stop lessons. This is a good time to build and rebuild relationships that are important toward maintaining your spirit of faith over fear… helping you S.H.I.N.E. in 0-0-9.

2 comments:

  1. I am feeling the whole money on vacation concept. Allow me to share what happened to me. I received word that my unemployment was ending. Under different circumstances, I probably would have panicked. But, I heard the Spirit say, "Trust God." Then I got an email message saying to never give up on God. With those messages and what I already know about God's promises, there really wasn't a reason to panic.

    I went to the unemployment office and learned that I was eligible for emergency unemployment. God is good! He is allowing me more time to do what He wants me to do.

    I was really considering my situation from the inside out. Even though my cash was not flowing externally, the blessings, gifts and talents are so heavy within me that money will be overflowing soon.

    So, thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over my 15 years in the Speaking business, I've spent my "last dollar" five different times. And each time it was being put into the gas tank so I could get somewhere to 'reconnect' with money. :-)

    Never have I gone 24 hours without money being returned. Never have I gone 24 hours NOT believing in God. Truth be told, I haven't gone 24 minutes or seconds either....

    Have you?

    ReplyDelete

The Master of Listening

The Master of Listening
... and Smiling