Saturday, April 18, 2009

Learning in Economic Quicksand

J.O.Y. & W.I.N.
Do you sometimes have a hard time being you? Imagine trying to be someone else. This is no time to “fake it until you make it.” You can honestly only be good at being you. Whenever you try to be someone else you will fail. So focus on that J.O.Y., knowing there is Just One You. When people say, “Only you would do that!” realize that without you… “that” wouldn’t get done. There is no greater joy than to celebrate being you. “That” is your guarantee for success.

Your success will come from your definition of success. You see, winning is personal: What I Need. Each of us has a personal win that makes us a valuable member of every team. Remember, when the Chicago Bulls had a dynasty, a win for Dennis Rodman wasn’t how many points he scored… it was the rebounds he got. For Michael Jordan, it wasn’t the rebounds… it was the points. He took it to another level… how many steals, assists… stopping his man from scoring. As each member of the Bulls understood their personal win they put together a dynasty.


Likewise, you are a valuable member of each team as you understand what makes you a winner. Life is also about going from one puzzle to another. In each case you are a small, medium or large puzzle piece. However, no puzzle is complete if one piece is missing. You are that important piece of the puzzle. Continue to learn about who you are, and how you S.H.I.N.E.

2 comments:

  1. I am in a big huge learning mode. I can honestly say that I am liking what I am becoming; however, I don't like the work that it is taking to become who I am. I do know that the results will be great. So, I am going to continue to write and Pray Until Something Happens (PUSH) until I become who God what's me to be at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny... not liking the work it's taking to become who you are.

    Consider that you actually aren't putting in that much work. God is merely molding you for the final touch!

    ReplyDelete

The Master of Listening

The Master of Listening
... and Smiling