Sunday, January 3, 2010

Learning in Economic Quicksand

B.O.L.D.
I’ve heard that word attached to my recent announcement that I will be relocating to Charlotte, NC on May 27. Why so specific on the date? Because God is specific on the blessings. I’ve actually wanted to live in Charlotte since 1986, when it was part of my sales territory while working at The Wall Street Journal. I even gave my boss a formal request to open an office there. They didn’t have the NFL, NBA or WNBA… there was just something I liked about the city.


As I continue to grow to become a more spiritual person, I get better at looking back at when I’ve been the most personally successful. It has been those times where I listened to and took a chance on myself. I’m not statistics and research… I’m action, appreciatively connected to stats and research. I’m creativity, faithfully attached and committed to excellence. Thus, as I connect to the following scriptural interpretation from my Bible I look forward to sharing this journey with you…

FAMILY

Exodus 10:2
What stories Moses had to tell! Living out one of the greatest dramas in biblical history, Moses witnessed events few people would ever see. God told Moses that his miraculous experiences with Pharaoh should be retold to his descendants. It is important for us to tell our children about God’s work in our past and to help them see what he is doing right now. What are the turning points in your life where God intervened? What is God doing for you now? These stories you share with your children will lay the foundations for their belief in God.
- Touch Point Bible (© 1996, Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.)

… So much so, that I ask which acronym you like best for B.O.L.D.?
1) Believing Our Lord’s Destiny
2) Believing Our Lord’s Direction
3) Bound by Our Lord’s Direction
4) Bravely Obeying… Loyally Doing
5) Being One with my Lord’s Desire
(try your own mixture)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Listening

The Master of Listening
... and Smiling