Friday, May 7, 2010

Defined in One Day???

moth.er (muTH'.er) n.

Yesterday someone tried to define you.
I laughed and told them you are unique.
I explained that you are at your strongest
Whenever you seem to be weak.

And that though you are my mother,
You are somebody's sister and friend.
You put on "new hats" spontaneously
You work magic again and again.

I helped them understand
that your wisdom is pure...
that your touch is comforting...
that your voice is soothing...

Oh, I went on and on...
(I hope you don't mind)
See, I'll always be your biggest fan
For you'll always be one of a kind.

Happy Mother’s (Every) Day

© 1995 Sporty King
www.sportyking.com

1 comment:

  1. Regardless of what your relationship is or was... celebrate the woman who was gifted by God to bring you into this world... everyday! In doing so, you celebrate the surviving gift and testimony you are.... I know I am carrying on the legacy of Mary Louise King.

    Who are you celebrating?

    ReplyDelete

The Master of Listening

The Master of Listening
... and Smiling