Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Travelling Testimony

As alluded to in my previous post… my bags didn’t survive the flight switches. As the last few passengers rolled and pulled their luggage out the door I challenged my imagination to believe that my suitcase would plop down onto the carousel any minute. Finally I asked who I needed to speak with, and was calmly welcomed by a very capable and accommodating gentleman who was not handling his first lost bag. We forget that sometimes… I think that’s where any of you who are screamers come in.

Think about it… in some way, the person is glad your bag is lost, because it justifies their having a job. Then they are excited about taking it to the next level, of easing your discomfort and resolving the situation asap… justifying their having a job....

Your luggage cannot get there any faster as you rant and rave. I’m also pretty sure that, as fast as the attendant seems to be able to type, they can type faster if you’re not screaming in their ears about something they have absolutely no control over. They offer toiletries and whatever will get you through the night. I admit I declined the offer, so I can’t list the menu for you. I have traveled enough to have known to pack “change of clothes” stuff in my carry on. Make the adjustment in your packing, so that you can experience a bump in your plans rather than a crash.

In fact, we’ve all made some adjustments in travel and travel plans since 9/11. Care to list one? I’ll close out with my return trip testimony in a few days, because I’m working on another testimony as you read. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. All I can do is trust that this is a good comment. :-) I do believe that the right people and spirits read my posts.

    ReplyDelete

The Master of Listening

The Master of Listening
... and Smiling