Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How I Feel Affects Other People...

From My Limited Scope

Shall I call the Psychic NOT-Line?
Or have my palm blue?
Or would it be better if I do all I can
To find out about myself, based on what I hear from you?

You're the man who understands menstrual cramps...
The winner who says you've never lost...
The woman who forgot to wear an athletic support cup...
The fresh-out-of-college boss....

The black who’s never been white,
The left that's never been right.
You've always lived in the same place
Never traveled or visited afar
Never flown or taken the train
And you never have driven a car.

Didn't marry, no kids, not a drink or drug have you taken.
The son who's never been a daughter,
Yet you freely give your opinion with authority
And act as if it's you who walked on water.

Now, from where I sit I cannot answer every question,
In fact, there are times where I'll add to what is asked.
For as similar as my experiences are, they're different
So understanding, rather than answering, becomes my task.

© 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Listening

The Master of Listening
... and Smiling