Wednesday, February 9, 2011

How I Feel Affects Other People...

I ALMOST LOST YOU

A reschedule... a missed date...
A cancellation.. an aloof encounter...

But first, let me thank you
For the moment of unsureness
For as my heart was allowed to merge,
(Once again) with my brain,
I doubted my immortality
A state of mind I've chosen to share with you)
And I celebrated the step we had taken
Toward this meeting.

Yet the moment extended an eternity
A hollowness that echoed no sound
of reciprocity blackened my world.
Gone, was the laughter
Missing, the smile
Exiled, the warmth

... I almost lost you.
Instead I found that we were never together.


© 1988
"Do You Have Any Idea... How Fine You Are?"
Available at
www.sportyking.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Listening

The Master of Listening
... and Smiling