Thursday, April 29, 2010

Travelling Testimony

Went to LA on Tuesday, April 20. Had a 4:00pm flight scheduled to connect in Atlanta and get to LA at 8:30pm. Flight was cancelled due to mechanical difficulties, so I softly spoke to the agent and was rebooked on 5:50pm flight, connecting in Detroit for same 8:30 arrival.

5:50 came up listed as late departure for 6:40… which would not make my connection. I calmly called reservations and patiently waited as she found me a 5:30 flight to connect through Minneapolis, with 11:30pm arrival. Even I knew my bags wouldn’t survive all those switches.

But let me digress… a woman was at her wits end on another phone trying to rebook to DC area, but having little luck. I touched her on the arm and told her that safety was more important. She explained her trauma and the fact that she felt drained empty… to which I quickly retorted that God emptied her out to refill her anew. Her mood changed, and she began laughing with the reservation agent on the other end. He obviously returned the spirit, because she then proclaimed that she had a wonderful man on the phone line, and a Pastor standing in front of her (that was me).

She did not get rebooked, but she did not stay rejected. I bet you’ve touched someone’s spirit this week as well. Think about it and share. I’ll tell you about my luggage and return trip testimony in a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing story and I'm so pleased that there was No Whining! Can't wait to hear more about the conference! I'll be there next year!!
    I just got scheduled for knee replacement but No Whining here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @w129 - you're sounding introspective there. Please explain a little more.

    @January - LOL, I know you know that I know you're anti-whine, and I'm right there with you. The conference was excellent. And to those who don't know... the conference was the AATH (Association for Applied & Therapeutic Humor), an organization of people who believe in the healing power of laughter. You can be sure I am even more calm now as I continue to ease on down the road to testimonies...

    ReplyDelete

The Master of Listening

The Master of Listening
... and Smiling