Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How I Feel Affects Other People...

WOMEN

... Can’t live without them (period)
And I wouldn’t want to have to be the one to prove it...

Thus, as I sat beside the fireplace last night,
my thoughts drifted to you.

Not the words we exchanged during our last time together,
but to you

And as I listened to the crackle of the wood
I was reminded of the crispness and effervescence of your smile...
A glow of encouragement, inspiring me to breathe
and enjoy this walk of faith.

Starring into the dancing flames
I saw the many faces of your beauty, and sensed your moods...
As you stare into the mirror we now share.

Funny, how it seems I have a message...
When I am merely the messenger.

Clever, how I mouth your words...
With no sight of your hand running up my back.

Lasting, your affect on the lives you touch...
Neither beginning nor ending with mine.

Oh, I could go on...
BUT, I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT YOU
(PERIOD)




”Your Name Came To Mind”
© 2006
Available at
www.sportyking.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Listening

The Master of Listening
... and Smiling