Monday, August 2, 2010

Going to Leaving

Each person/situation brings us a different lesson about ourselves. God had it planned all along. Move on to the next level by seeing that as one door closes you get to look out the windows and see your new choices.

© July 2010


GOING TO LEAVING

Today I decided to see myself Leaving
For so often I focus on where I’m Going.
In the process I was able to see much was behind me

Sometimes [Going]
I anticipated how difficult my climb would be
as I visually measured the imposing mountains
fearlessly daring me to come closer

Now [Leaving]
I see them minimize and disappear
The ‘dares’ transformed to immobilized stares
as they become jealous at my freedom

Smaller and smaller,
my challenges seem to hide and vanish
and rewind into the harmless options they are…
For I could always choose another way to Leave

Surely Going will be less of a challenge tomorrow
© July 2010 Sporty King


 
Please share any lessons you’re learning from what you’re going through… and how you’ll leave them behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Listening

The Master of Listening
... and Smiling